Due to Governor Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order No. 2020-59
, which suspended all in-person government activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life, the July 30, 2020 meeting of the Romulus Community Schools Board of Education will be held electronically in accordance with Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order No. 2020-48
, which temporarily suspended the requirement set forth in the Open Meetings Act that a meeting of a public body be held in a physical place available to public or the requirement of the physical presence of one or more members of a public body.
Access to Electronically Held Board Meeting
The public may access the electronic meeting in the following ways:
- Via phone at the following number: +1 515-518-4709 PIN: 917 490 306# and/or
- Via video Google Meet link: https://meet.google.com/smt-kyfe-yqg
DUE TO A VERY RECENT CHANGE FROM GOOGLE, A GOOGLE ACCOUNT IS NOW REQUIRED TO CONNECT VIA GOOGLE MEET. CONNECTION BY PHONE IS THE SAME AS BEFORE.
Participation in Electronically Held Board Meeting
The following are the procedures by which persons may contact Board members to provide input or ask questions about any business that will come before the Board of Education at its July 30, 2020 meeting:
- Phone-in participants: To make a public comment, state your name and express your comment when called upon to do so.
- Email participants: To make a public comment, email Board President Edward Martell prior to the public comment section of the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The time limit for a participant’s public comment shall remain three (3) minutes unless otherwise determined by the Board.
Access and Participation to Persons with Disabilities
The online video conference live-streamed to YouTube will have closed captioning.
Romulus Community Schools Board of Education will provide necessary and reasonable aids and services to individuals with disabilities who desire information by contacting Nicole Crockett at (734) 430-7710 or email@example.com.